Tuesday, June 6, 2017

SOL (Slice of Life) Tuesday

 
 
 
This Is My Independence Day!
 
 
 
 
18 years ago I was one of the nervous ones...
standing in line in my professional suit,
clutching my portfolio and resume,
waiting for that all-important interview...
wondering what the future held...
This would be my Independence Day...
My chance to be free to reach and teach
and be who I was meant to be!
 
Now, as I drive in freeway traffic and
the hectic pace of downtown streets...
As I park the car and walk on shaky legs into the building...
Standing in line in my thrown together ensemble, 
clutching my "official" resignation letter...
wondering what the future holds...
This is my Independence Day...
My chance to be free to reach and write
and be who I was meant to be!
 
 
 

 


 
 


 
  



6 comments:

  1. WOW! That's a really big step in life. Best wishes as you move forward into a new phase of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best and wonderful new adventures ahead! -- Christie @ https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my best wishes to you, Jana. Change is good, just scary sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've taken a big, exciting leap! What are you hoping to do next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jana! How exciting! I can't wait to see what your future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - so exciting to see what your next chapter holds!! Happy Independence Day, Jana!

    ReplyDelete