Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Slice of Life Tuesday

Slice of Life Tuesday
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Peanut Butter Cookies
 
I haven't really made cookies in years!
I've never really been much of a baker.
I love to cook:
Pasta
Meat
Soups
Salads
 
But baking has too much measuring and chemistry involved...
It's very unforgiving:
One wrong move and everything falls apart!
There's much more freedom in cooking other types of food.
 
But summertime always makes me long for the carefree feeling I would enjoy as a kid, and baking cookies was one of the best times.
I was very fortunate to have an older sister who was talented at baking.
She also loved cookies as much as I did.
 
 I thought about those fun times and I decided to whip up a batch of peanut butter cookies. I gathered my ingredients, listened to the radio play songs from those long ago days (songs from The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Boston, etc.), and started to work. It wasn't long before the smell of fresh baked cookies filled the air and my mouth started watering with anticipation of tasting them. Sampling the cookies, sharing them, deciding if they were all right, having another from the next tray to be sure...
 
Now it definitely feels like summer.
And we have a fresh batch of homemade cookies to enjoy.
And now I'm pretty sure I shouldn't wait so long before I make more!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It was impossible for me not to stop by a slice titled Peanut Butter Cookies. I love the way your shared your process. Lucky folks who were on the receiving end of your labors.

    ReplyDelete