Saturday, August 22, 2015

Bringing Order to Chaos: My Classroom Library

I'm so excited! Summer's over and school starts next week! A fresh batch of fifth graders will be entering my classroom on Wednesday. I still have a lot of work to do to get the room ready, but THE LIBRARY IS READY! And to me that is the most important part. The library is going to be the center of nearly everything we do and I've worked really hard to make sure there are books that show that everyone's story matters. Every child in my classroom will be able to read books in which they recognize their own experiences and selves. The library isn't finished because I am constantly adding new books to it and the children need to have a voice in how we're going to manage it and keep it organized so everyone can enjoy it. I'm posting pictures of it for those of you that like seeing other teachers' libraries. I know I love getting ideas from other classroom libraries and some of you may even recognize your influence on me!

 
This is what it looks like as you walk in the door.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'll post more pictures of the rest of my classroom when it's ALL set. Ready or not, the children are coming on Wednesday! This is going to be the best year ever!


4 comments:

  1. Looking great Jana! You have really been working

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, Jana! I wish I could be a student in your class. Love your enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous library! You are right. Every single child will see that there is a book for him or her here. What lucky kids! Thank you for sharing your room with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaching children to read is one of my greatest passions! Coursework Help


    ReplyDelete